Shinobi Generations

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 252 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Darkprincess!

Latest topics

» SHIBUI: AN AU NARUTO RP
by Aries Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:23 pm

» SG Systems | Specialty Guide
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

» SG Rules | Site Wide Combat Etiquette
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 pm

» Ranking Guide
by Bastian Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:19 pm

» Lochland Grove[Jcink] : Real Life, Town, Sandbox
by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:28 am

» Naruto: New Era
by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:39 pm

» HeliX || JCInk Premium || An AU X-Men RPG
by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:01 pm

» (Jcink) Fodlan Chronicles; A Fire Emblem Based RP
by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 am

» DragonBall Continuum
by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:00 am

» Naruto Beginnings
by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:51 pm

» Ex Malo Bonum
by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:51 pm

» The Power of Belief [JCINK PREM] - Rise of the Guardians RPG
by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:48 pm

» Smoke & Mirrors (18+) - Harry Potter AU
by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:46 am

» Magi: The World of Magic RP
by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:50 am

» Tenderness of the Heart [ JCink Prem ]
by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:41 pm

Discord Server

Our Button

My [Bottoms Up]  53-FOU1568673033

Our Affiliates

Top RP Sites The Shula Region Fodlan Chronicles; A Fire Emblem Based RP

My [Bottoms Up]

Anonymous

My [Bottoms Up]  Empty My [Bottoms Up]

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2020 3:14 pm

My [Bottoms Up]  B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7My [Bottoms Up]  B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7My [Bottoms Up]  B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I Wish I Was Strong Enough to Lift Not One but Both of Us!"

Countless lights and the haze of black tar would fill the air. A thousand laughs had passed and counting within the hours. The spills of liquor were so vast that the floor might as well have been an ocean of barley and hops in liquid form. The distant tables were full of carved bone with their signature spots. Slammed down in the cup, the man would shout out his only signature phrase that night. Piercing eyes would glare around his well polished table filled with the markings of fists that embedded themselves out of rage and joy. He would looking once more with the question to be answered:

“Even or odds?!”

The answer did not matter to the servants of the night! The true stars: The Usagi Clan! When the money had gone on the table, the pieces of notes and metal would slip right between their bosoms and hip pockets as more rounds were ordered. The men tonight were over excited to see a handful of the infamous clan, with their signature garments, walking the floors and balancing their trays with their supreme Bloodline giving them all the grace in the world. Their steel bottom heels were high, giving their form some lift and their walks a hint more elegance as they would clack against the floor. They would spin and move as they would hold the tray between their fingers carefully before bowing their heads and pressing on.

This was the same for everyone, especially Hikari Usagi.

The Usagi Clan had been on the move lately with the Festival in the Moon Village. With the Sun Village also celebrating with their own trademark festival, the Usagi found it easier to hire protection to bring them to and from the Sun Village, where visibility was scarce. When they would arrive, work would pay off with extreme revenue! Everyone in the village would get a chance to see the clan up close and personal, especially with the changes of leadership in the Moon Village. No longer did the Tyranny of the third restrict their travels! They were free to move about as they please making them jovial to come to the village to find more work.

Hikari would let a breath come from his lips as he would shake his head. He was content to be back in the Sun Village after the past few days. He would wear the traditional clan garb for battle as if it was sensual attire. His ninja garb with the mesh legs and vest would zip tightly to the top. His clan kimono, emblemed with the rabbit’s print would flow from off his shoulders and back to his waist. It stopped just short to show off the kickball sized ball of white fluff that would pair with the faux rabbit ears on his head. Like his sisters within the clan, he would balance a tray along his fingers as he would walk about with his blue eyes not catching a single glimpse of his surroundings, but yet, his ears would catch everything around him as he could hear the sound of hollers that demanded more drinks and more tobacco while promising with fat pockets to have more tips.

It was rush hour! He sped up his confident stride as he would make his way to the next table ringing his signature line, “Good day, Master?” His voice sound and sweet, “How can this bunny serve you today?”
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

My [Bottoms Up]  Empty Re: My [Bottoms Up]

Post by Kannagi Wed May 13, 2020 6:53 pm

This place was far from her usual style and even farther from her comfort zone. Kannagi Irezumi had asked to be seated as close to the back and as secluded as possible at her table. She was meeting someone here for a mission, some man who had wanted to hire protection for a trip across the desert and back to the Moon village and when he had learned of her discreet connections to her family, of course she was invited for a sit down. As her blue eyes scanned the room of raucous laughter, games, and drunken cacophony, Kannagi felt the unease creeping up and muttered to herself, "I'm not letting men pick the meeting places after this." The stocky man gave Eiji as his name but as the hour came and went, the man had still yet to arrive and Kannagi was starting to feel like she was played the fool for showing up at all.

Normally, the 19 year old was comfortable in her tight shorts, neck-high sleeveless top, and strappy sandals but in the place she was receiving enough looks from other patrons that Kannagi knew they were questioning her presence at all. They probably thought she was an ear-less Usagi or some poor wench who had chosen not to get off her rear and get to work with the Usagi around for competition of wage. She of course was neither, wearing her sun forehead protector controversially around her waist, designating her as a shinobi but not outright flaunting the title. When the kind and sweet bunny approached her, Kannagi couldn't help but look him up and down. She couldn't figure out quite what he was wearing having only heard of the Usagi clan and never seeing one in person. His confident smile was disarming and the blue haired female swallowed.

"I was just thinking I ought to be leaving. And please, don't call me master,"
    She made a face of evident disgust, "I'm not really one for titles. Just Kannagi if you want address me, all right." The bunny looked just too happy and in this crowd, Kannagi began to feel a strange sense of guilt washing over her. She had been sitting here over an hour without ordering anything, and such an action felt dishonorable to her. Her guilt got the better of her and she requested quickly, "Perhaps just a cup of tea before I go. Oolong served black, if you will."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2020 7:35 pm

My [Bottoms Up]  B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7My [Bottoms Up]  B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7My [Bottoms Up]  B963e861-be47-47fd-9421-9952e081b656-zps0faqldd7

He had a thing for the quiet ones in the corner. He would hear nothing but a light breath and an uneasy heart most of the time. That is most likely what attracted the lilac haired bunny. He was a sucker for those who had quiet little voices! They were a rarity as well, and usually would have the assertive rabbits come and try to hoist them for all their money. However, by the time the woman’s lips would part, and she would make the slightest movement, her details were fully visible to him. His eyes would gaze directly through her as they seemed unfocused, but his rabbit-like ears would move as he was soothed by her voice.

“Oh! My apologies...Kannagi…” He would stand. His index finger of his right hand tracing his lips. “Kannagi...Kannagi-saaaan!~” He sang in delight as he twiddled his little digit aloud. His tone would raise playfully as he would say the name to himself in a melodic tone. His fingers would curl as he lightly kissed his bawled up hand with his lips. “Ahem...Kannagi-chan it is! Have made a song out of it, so I will not be forgetting you anytime soon, Kannagi-saaaan!” He would end his sung and flirtatious declaration with a wink from one of his foggy eyes. Only then would he turn on his heel and raise her right hand after hearing her order.

“One Oolong Tea for Kannagi-san, it is!~” He sung aloud from the top of his lungs for...some reason. It would make sense later.

He was able to sing in delight! After all, it had been a tough week or two with his team without dispelling the paranoia between them. He had craved to fix their bond as he had seen eye to eye with a certain dog-like shinobi and even made a new friend. There was confidence in his movements tonight. A swagger was displayed from the young bunny as he would step ever so slowly from the table as if he had wanted to leave. He remembered the Uzumaki girl preaching that he deserved to be pretty, but he would do it for customers. Especially for someone like this woman whose heart was clearly not at ease.

“But!~” He would stop not far from the table, turning on his heel. “Kannagi-san is leaving too soon! I have just met Kannagi-saaan...and yet, you are about to go? Was it because Kannagi-san’s heart had quite the beat when she asked if I could not call her Master?” His finger danced on his lip as if the boy was trying to think. “Not do! Definitely would not do! I definitely do not want Kannagi-san to leave unhappy! Can I perhaps do something for Kannagi-san? Perhaps this Bunny could get something for Kannagi-san on the house as an apology? A nice drink would do, yes?”
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Thu May 14, 2020 1:51 am

The marine-eyed shinobi placed her hands on her lap, her cheeks flashing a bright red color. Drawing attention to one's self usually came with sharing a bountiful gift or expressing an act of strength or honor. It was rarely done for selfish, or self serving purposes! Protecting the entire herd of horses from bandits by being an effective and inspiring leader was something to attract attention to, but not ordering a cup of tea! She swallowed hard, knowing that the bunny was simply being kind but his affability couldn't stop her from trying to hide her expression with her slender hands. "Y-yes, yes," She murmured politely, "I am Kannagi. And who might you be?" Kannagi tried to turn the excitement near her table into a seemingly simple introduction, the hope that it would bore closer patrons back to their own drinks and games. As the bunny strut and sang some more the confident posture she held slowly began to slip.

The rabbit was disarming her with very little effort. She couldn't help but smile at his simplicity and his amiable nature. She wondered if he were naive or just doing it for the money because truly, nobody was this excitable or cordial without reason. When he started to walk away, she too began to relax with relief. And when he turned on his heel she straightened up fast like a metal rod was stuffed through her spine. That Eiji guy was going to pay through the nose if she ever saw him again for putting her into such an uneasy position as to be regaled by this bunny in this boisterous place of debauchery.

"No, certainly not. I couldn't be so improper as to leave without purchasing anything. The only thing I desire is that cup of oolong of you please,"
    She repeated her order. She looked at his face and added, "It's not you, verily. Don't place any blame upon your..." Kannagi paused. Should she say shoulders? Ears? The woman decided to go more general for propriety's sake, "...head. I would just be more comfortable outside or even on a rooftop or something. I'm not particularly fond of crowds, you see." She reached out a hand to touch his and added with a hint of genuine concern, "Please, understand and keep your mood merry. I'm in no need of an apology."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2020 3:45 am

There was no hope for those sapphire blue orbs of his to get a glimpse of the young woman and her expression. Not even a glance would come with the glimmer that was reflected from the dim lighting around them. Simply, there would be a shaky voice and small little movements of hers that were comparable to a little insect’s reflex. All of it caught with the simple jerk of the rabbit-esque ears as the boy would lean his head to be pillowed by his left shoulder blade and the cascading stream of violet hair. A smile on his face as she would want to know his name.

"Me? I am your bunny for the evening!” He would smile, "This bunny’s name is Hikari Usagi! Nice to meet you, Kannagi-saaan!~” Once again he broke out in song. His tray that he carried became a prop to his play as he would press the edge against his hip upon his left. He straightened his posture as his right hand would trace the air. The rabbit was sure to keep a steady listen on the girl’s voice as she spoke and even further reached to listen to the thump of that heart. It was a skill for the family to know after all that they were giving excellent service that left their hearts with nothing but the sound of drumming contentment.

Though she would introduce an alien concept to the rabbit. It was a phrase that would cause his lips to purse in a circle as he questioned, "Improper?” His fingers tracing through the air once again as he turned it into a melodic cue, "Im-Pro-Per?” His song was over, but there was nothing short of disharmony. Whatever note that was struck by the young woman playing her song did not land for the rabbit. It did not offend him. Judging by the grin on his face as he let out a cuckle, a giggle with his feminine voice, it would be nothing short of amusement for him as he would square his posture. His hands were on his hip as if he readied a lecture.

She would try to stretch a long explanation, but it would not go far. It landed between her reasoning and his short understanding. Beautiful by sight and cute by their nature, the clan of rabbits had been appealing to the eyes, but nothing beyond their tradition registered. Culture shock was delivered in volts on a daily basis, and even now, Hikari was still. However, within him, his heart was feeling the surge of the woman trying to explain her intention to him. His right hand finally lifted as he would gesture his index finger to her.

"No, Kannagi-san!” His melodic voice gone, but his tone is somewhat playful even if giving her a sound rejection, "When a Usagi is your bunny for tonight, there is no bigger shame than the person they serve not being happy! If you are not merry, then your bunny cannot be merry! If you feel comfortable on a roof, then your bunny should take you to the roof and serve you a popping hot drink as well! If not, then it is as you say...Im-Pro-Per!” He would once again stretch the syllables with a wiggle of his finger moving like the hand of a clock with each tick or tock.

Just before he could say anything more, the rabbit-esque ears would chime once more. Hikari would seem to hear something lost within the crowd of drunkards, gents, and ladies. His mouth would open with a gasp as he would toss his hand up happily! "Yes!” He would cry aloud, "Oolong! Yes it is! Whatever magic the rabbits were using, it was surely working. No sooner did Hikari say this, one of the other whtie fur clad young women of his clan would walk with a confident stride like his own. Their hand balances a single tray with a single drink upon it in a rounded porcelain cup. They would take the dish, tilting the cup so carefully as it would slide along the dish. Hikari, with a smile of nothing but sheer confidence would take the tray along his grasp, moving it to the edge as the cup would slide perfectly as if to cross a sloping piece of lumber with no break. The rabbit-like ears of both of them moved in synchronicity allowing them to demonstrate the ultimate balance.

Hikari would move the tray within his grasp with gentle hands and a face with no fear or worry of a single drop spilling. Leveling the tray with his movements, he would gently slide it along the table, his hand reaching as he would wrap his hand around the cup of tea. His blind, foggy eyes would stare searching for contact that they would never know of as he would move on instinct and intuition given by the simplest auditory cues. The swishing of the drunk, the clack of the tray against the table, and finally the cup’s rounded surface touching down upon the table right before the woman.

"Your bunny has served you, Kannagi-saaan!” He sang happily! "Can this bunny offer you more?”

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Fri May 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Kannagi pressed two fingers to the bridge of her nose with chagrin. She had tried analogies to explain the word improper, spoke of tradition and discordance, trying to sort out the difference between something vulgar and something unseemly. Her words fell on what she assumed were ever more clueless ears. With a slight sigh of impatience, Kannagi chose to let it go. There would be no dissuading the bunny. She could still leave, but her guilt would only increase and she would need to serve penance of some sort to deal with that emotion. Alas, it would be easier to stay.

Hikari was too childlike and naive, despite his costume, and maybe for the best. The world wasn't always a happy place and he seemed to carry joy around as easily as some carried breath. Kannagi shook her head bemused then, giving him the look a mother might give a child, giving in to his magnetism. It was impressive the way her order was handed off and placed before her, few could serve tea without a spill in such a way. The bunnies almost looked to always be dancing as they worked, Kannagi was curious if this was part of the job or just how they had learned to walk.

Kannagi drank in a soothing sip of the tea, finding it to be just the right temperature. Her eyes closed contentedly and then she exhaled dramatically.
    "Delicious. Wouldn't you get in trouble for going up to the roof? Sitting up there with tea might just be the only way to take back the disappointments of today." She lifted a hand and suggested, "You could accompany me with tea too, if you wish. I'll pay for your presence so you won't get into hot water for not being down here."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2020 10:53 pm

Was that a sigh? Was that disappointment?

Hikari had the face of a clueless child who was dressed in a rabbit costume. With his level of understanding such complicated things, it was perhaps exactly what it was. “Not again…” His thoughts going from a gentle gale to a full storm, “...Did I...do something wrong?” His experiences with shinobi and traditions were scarce. A Usagi barely knew anything beyond their own realm due to their isolation into the wilds. For Hikari, it was even more so that he had done this before and vowed to not make the same mistake again. Though, he fell short so quickly, and found himself lamenting about how oblivious he was in these situations.

He had fallen into silence. A darkness within him overtaking his thoughts. He would force a breath from between his lips as he would calm himself remembering a few helpful phrases from friends so long ago. His confidence returning and his stature changing as the young woman would address him once more. “T-trouble?” he would question as he would hear the woman. Instead of his usual flirty dialect to pass over the conversation, he would use something that he did not use often when it came to such an address: His head.

“Y-you have clearly not heard much of the Usagi, have you, Kannagi-saaan?”

It was a song but it was different in tone. It was more modest and reserved as if he was sparing her in a merciful manner. When a Usagi would choose to work an establishment, offering their charm in packs as they would act like sweet sirens that would sing a song and dance like temptresses. They would make money flow like rivers and the places were generous with their cuts. In the Sun Village where these rabbits were not native? It was all the more enticing!

The rabbit’s ears would perk up just hearing the young woman’s voice. His eyes would widen and his cheeks would ripen red to the point you could pick them like a fruit. The boy’s ears would listen to his surroundings as he could hear a sudden shift in forms. With his perspective, he did not need to face them to see the heads of rabbits turning. Their faces probably had smirks and their eyes looked like something predatory as if Kannagi had said a certain phrase that was the equivalent of dropping a blot of blood into shark infested waters.

“W-why, Kannagi-saaan,” His laughter obviously forced. “I-I did not know you desired my presence in such a way! P-perhaps I can interest you in a special! As my Grandma BunBun says, ‘if one wants the time, make sure it ends with the proper climax.’ Eh-heh?” It was nervous laughter and a phrase that he almost seemed to say like a rehearsed script. One particular rabbit around would turn away from the sight and her hand would knock her knuckles against the polished wooden bar top.
    Permission was granted. He would sigh in relief.

“O-okay! Kannagi-san!” The rabbit would walk to the side where she was seated. His right hand would reach out as he was offering her aid to getting up. “Your bunny will escort you now!” Beyond the thicket of the rowdy atmosphere, his voice was innocent and his smile was gentle.

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Sat May 16, 2020 5:26 pm

"You're' correct, I have not heard of your clan before," Kannagi said calmly. She felt the burden of guilt increase in weight as Hikari doubted himself. She pursed her lips together. This was the strangest acquaintance she had had in a long time. The way the other Usagi looked at him and at her made her uneasiness only increase. She took a sip of her drink and turned her blue eyes downward, trying to avoid their gazes. She hadn't intended for this evening to go this way. She was supposed to meet Eiji here, get a new assignment, then leave for an escort position. She would have gone to bed, woken up early, prepared her horse, and then left for the long trek with Eiji in tow. Instead, here she was annoyed at the man showing her up and trying to politely purchase a tea and excuse herself to bed. How did she end up in this awkward mess with this bunny!?

Kannagi was about to stand when he mentioned a 'proper climax'. At first, the shinobi looked relaxed.
    "Oh a climax is exactly what I require," She said graciously with a genuine smile in her eyes. A capstone, a turning event. It turned out this naive bunny was just as educated she was! He understood that what she needed was a drastic change in the evening to improve her mood and....and... oh suns and stars. Kannagi's face lit up in a horrified shade of red. Her pale skin darkened until she thought she might pass out as the blood rushed in her head. How she desired to just slip underneath the table and pretend she was invisible... Hikari had not suddenly developed a cultured vocabulary. He had taken her words literally and informally, in a sensual manner. It was complete opposite of course from how the shinobi had initially taken it.

When Hikari slid around to her seat and stretched out a hand, numbly the woman took it. She had gripped her cup of tea so tightly that her knuckles had turned white in shock and humiliation. It actually took a little effort to stand and hold the cup steady. Kannagi held a desperate expression in her blue eyes.
    "Yes, please. Please, get me out of here."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 9:30 pm

"You're' correct, I have not heard of your clan before,"

The rabbit’s ears nearly went from straight to lop just from hearing her. The chakra that moves through them would cause it to shift in such a way as there was a mild fluctuation. The bunny should not have been surprised that the young woman had not heard of the clan. This was the Sun Village after all. The Usagi were rare in these parts as much as a cobra that favored the sands were to the Moon Village. She probably thought of him as some alien creature. Could he blame her? She was so refined and kind with her words! The Moon Village already saw that the Usagi were glorified magnates in their own way. Therefore, it only brought him joy as the woman responded in a way that brought him joy!

"Oh a climax is exactly what I require,"

SMASH!!!

There would be a sudden shattering of porcelain that would bring attention to a certain rabbit that had been close by and handling what was formerly a bottle of sake and the matching cups. She would have a look of horror upon her face as she seemed to stand gazing at Hikari and the young woman that was in the corner that had responded to the young rabbit. Before Hikari could speak or anyone could comprehend, another one of the women nearby that was close to her age would flock to her side as she would fan her face. Her expression was a mixture of amusement and urgency as she would press the woman’s shoulder and guide her to the front bar counter.

All sorts of interpretation had been brought on by the sudden moment. Hikari’s ears would focus on the whispering of the young woman he was serving. It was the duty of any Usagi to provide excellent service to their customers after all when working and the utmost affection when it was personal. He would ignore the utters of the motherly clan member that would be saying things as “This would eventually happen” and “Take your time.” He assumed that it was some sort of incident that happened that he would ask about later.

The woman had not taken Hikari’s hand, but he could understand. The environment seemed unfavorable and he could hear the fluctuating heartbeat of the woman as it was something akin to seeing the expression on someone’s face. There was great concern, but there would be a forced smile upon his face prioritizing being the best host possible. “Y-yes,” he would speak somewhat brokenly, “B-but please worry not about the purchase. Our moment, it will be my personal pleasure.” He insisted as he would turn his cotton tailed hind to the woman and walk with his feral faux ears palpitate with each step. The function made it apparent to guide him as he was confused about the matter.

Before he would even draw close, the shattered dish had been swept up and cleaned in a hurry. The path for them was clear, but yet, that would be a minuscule moment that it was.

“Our apologies for the mishaps, madam!” A fair-broken skinned woman would stand in the path of Hikari as he would be escorting the woman. Obviously, the words were directed to her. Though there would be a shift to him before going back to her as she would close her eyes and bow her head slightly. “This bunny will serve you! A fine Sake on the house! It is the least we could do since you are leaving due to displeasure, yes?”

It was apparent then that their habit of speaking with an emphasis on a question with every offer was apparent. The snake-like syllable at the end would drag in a seductive manner as all the rabbits had done as she had spoken. Hikari would raise his hand to address his clan mother that blocked his path. Her lavender kimono draping waist height as she offset in a patient lean and a scheming smirk upon her face. Hikari could not see such a look, but he knew his clan better than anyone. He had an uneasy sensation that brought him ready to decline from his intuition. The boy would outright refuse and wave the woman off with a word to add.

Lest Kannagi had something to say and override his gesture with her own voice of satisfaction from the gesture?

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Sun May 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Kannagi followed behind Hikari like a shadow, her mind having gone silent for the first time in remembered history. Her eyes were wide in apparent shock and her expression demonstrated a morbid level of disgrace. How could she have said that? How did she misconstrue what Hikari had said so badly? How could she make such a phrasing in public? Would there be anyone who still considered her dignified after this mistake? Her shaken consciousness left her in a far away world, a place where she spun around in circles until she was too dizzy to stand. She felt almost nauseated as her feet followed the bunny. One step in front of the other, the faces and voices in the room dissolving into gray; she completely ignored them still, trapped in this moment of truest consternation.

The woman addressing Kannagi about displeasure only earned a silent quizzical look. The shinobi mumbled,
    "A c-climax, a-a-a..- clim-.." Her blue eyes were glassy and she nearly dropped the tea she was holding, barely registering that her hands were enclosed about the warm cup at all. Hands from somewhere briefly touched upon her to help steady her and ger grasp of the tea and then vanished. She saw the scheming clan woman in a purple kimono and blinked. Her intellect was one of her most apt and substantial abilities, but Kannagi seemed incapable of interpreting anything. Looking at the woman, though her gaze was more like looking through the mother, she whispered, "P-please." Kannagi felt the whole room still spinning, her face still a vibrant red. Her words started to come to slowly and in a hushed tremble, "H-hikari.. please. I'm so sorry." Kannagi closed her blue eyes and forced herself to take a breath. Shinobi were stronger than this, she told herself, but the sentiment was locked so deep inside it was like listening to the distant call of a voice in the dark.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2020 5:06 pm

If Kannagi was a shadow, then she was the perfect one: twice as close and twice as quiet.

It had actually given Hikari pause as he would listen to the sensation of her heart that was bumping in his ears. Had he focused his ability, it would have been a cursed drumming that was inescapable. It only gave him the slightest hesitation to speak on behalf of the woman he was serving. His hand that had lifted to refuse one of the clan mothers would be paralyzed to hear Kannagi beckon with a plea. His blue eyes, useless to their purpose lest it was to cause ease and comfort like priceless diamonds for appeal, would lay upon Kannagi. Like all things upon the face, Hikari would miss the smile that was plastered on the face of the mother who was carrying bottles and cups in a rounded tray with barriers that held the piping liquor in place.

”As the lady wishes,“ the woman would lean forth. No doubt it was nothing short of a technique to show off her slightly revealed chest hugged tight within the cloth she wore and to send a gale of her lavender scent to their direction, “And so her bunny should serve!” Uttered like a toxic spell to poison the senses from the reality of seduction, the woman would be perfectly still. No doubt it was the trait displayed like earlier of Hikari as the clan had an impeccable balance upon their feet. With a hesitant look of disapproval Hikari would take the tray as he no doubt had suspicions.

”Well then,” Hikari would say as the fair-skinned beauty would stroll away. ”It seems that an evening awaits us! Though I must say Kannagi-san, this is quite different than my usual patrons that I have served. I do not believe I have ever done such a thing on the roof before. It shall be quite thrilling, yes?” The rabbit was blissfully unaware that he was driving a massive spike into the heart of the woman he was serving. If anything, he tried to ease her worries. As always, it was the Usagi Clan’s role to bring joy and contentment to those whom they served in any way possible.

"H-hikari.. please. I'm so sorry."

”O-oh!” With his world famous word spilling from his mouth, he responded nervously, ”Y-yes. My apologies. We should get outside.” A fault of his as he hurried in a quick stride to the doorway. He imagined her restless as she was refined. His hand would reach, pressing to the door while the other balanced the tray with perfection. His fur covered false ears would leep acting as the perfect guide to each of his steps as he would remain leveled in order to balance the spirits in hand. His eyes remained to stare forth with the glassy gaze while tending to the door.

”Please, wherever you would like, I will accompany you Kannagi-saaan!~” He sung in that same melodic manner to soothe her...or so he hoped.

OOC Notes: ---
    Now Playing: ---
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Mon May 18, 2020 2:33 pm

The moment the cool night air touched her face, Kannagi felt a surge of relief washing over her senses. She began taking slow purposeful breaths, recognizing that she probably hadn't taken a real breath since she had left her seat inside. The cool air was a bit of a shock on her skin compared to the warmth inside and it was an extremely welcome one. Kannagi felt as if her heart were restarted, her numb body and her circulating thoughts were returning to regular response. It was as if someone had slapped her and shaken the worries and fears right out of her. She took one more deep breath and then looked to the bunny, her cheeks a soft pink instead of red and her heart slowing down a little.

"The roof, yes,"
    Kannagi nearly choked, the words heavy in her throat. Her blue eyes took in the street around them and noted clusters of people and buildings which were still too close for her own comfort. Feeling mildly claustrophobic, Kannagi approached the side of the building and used chakra in her hands and feet to pull herself up to the top. Once on the top, the blue haired woman through her hands victoriously into the sky, surrounded by starlight and an even colder more persistent breeze. "Oh this is divine. My apologies again, Hikari. I can only imagine what all those people are thinking right now.."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2020 8:48 pm

He knew the night gale just as much as he knew the bars filled with the oceans of spilled liquor that filled his nostrils. Papers laced with tobacco that were intolerable to his nose would be a memory the moment he would smell that crisp scent of the desert winds that were the cool Sun Village. Hikari was getting used to the sensation just as much as he was to Kannagi who would pass before him and step from the establishment. His hand gently giving a press to the door as he would hear the young woman speak with such reverence to be outside.

She had this body that kept radiating a pulsation that was beyond his interpretation. Even as they were outside, her cheeks would fill with color. To the ears of a blind bunny like himself, it was nothing more than the subtle palpitations of the heart. He still tried to figure out the language for the life of him, since it happened so much when it came to his family and their family. It forever escaped him why they had this effect on people, though there were whispers and utters of them being dregs. He saw nothing of that sort with them nor more than he saw the looks of disgust on people’s faces when they would see him and them together.

Hikari would join Kannagi upon the roof as he would level his body. His rabbit-esque ears would shift as he would walk to the nearby window sill. His hands would sit down the drinks that were in hand before weaving the signs that would be the Hare at the end. After doing so, he would pick up the tray enclosed at the sides. It made what he was about to do slightly easier as he would walk to the edge of the view of the roof that was above. He could visibly interpret the form of the young woman, and thus would proceed to jump once...coming short….

But that was never true for the Usagi Clan.

Hikari would leap off the air as he was sailing upward a second time as if he was simply bounding on a set of invisible steps. By the time it was a third, he would make a little skip from the air to the roof as if crossing a threshold. He would gently land with a toe touching down and would move along the roof in the same elegant steps. It was obvious his balance was unparalleled, and not just by natural means. The Usagi had a skill for it after all. With him approaching Kannagi, the boy would hear her sound apology but would be further twisted in confusion at his face.

“Sorry? For my mother dropping a plate?” The woman was hysterical at times. His Grandmother always called Akari Usagi a klutz when it came to her dropping things and not having control of her emotions. They would joke that if she would have no balance from the clan’s blood, then she would live with her face in the dirt most of her life.

Hikari’s lilac hair pillowing his tilt of his head as if he was trying to figure it out. In the end, he seemed to dismiss it as he would step closer to the young woman. “Oh, Kannagi-san,” the melodic notes went as he took a more compassionate tone. It was forgiving as a parent speaking to a silly child,  “The Usagi do not care what people think. They care about what the people they want to make happy think. If only for tonight, that would be you.”

He said no more as his fingers traced the edges of a Sake cup that was among the set, he would hand it out to the young woman. “Now then, may you please hold this? It would be...Im-Pro-Per...to allow this bunny to pour your own sake, yes?”

The silliness of his family and their shenanigans was behind him for the moment as he sang the little song that he learned from listening to her. Now, he just needed to fulfill his duty.

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Tue May 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Kannagi watched impressed at the balance of Hikari as he joined her upon the roof. She wondered for a moment about the cup of tea she had been holding, mysteriously missing. Likely, the woman inside who had helped steady her had taken the cup to be certain she wouldn't burn herself with it. That was the sort of kindness she could naturally assume came from the Usagi who were working inside. Upon the roof, she observed Hikari's confusion with only confusion from her own. "I must try to see the night through your eyes then, Hikari. I'm afraid my lens of the world isn't bent to understanding the cultural perspective of your clan."

The blue eyed woman reached and took the sake cup he offered her and gave him a smile of gratitude.
    "Sometimes I get like that though. People everywhere, staring at me, judging me... it feels like being locked inside of a cage. I don't know if you can understand that," Kannagi glanced up at the sky and let out a sigh, "I lost myself in the moment. Sometimes I fail to remember that life is akin to a river, and if I only have the wisdom to step back, I might be able to observe the bad moments as they pass me by. I try not to let things get under my skin." Kannagi breathed in and out, her visage turning ever more towards a calm and peaceful expression as her meditation techniques drew her into a place of solace. The pain and embarrassment were still present for her, the shock keeping the raw feelings too close for comfort, but Kannagi knew how to work on letting things go.

"Do you ever get tired of just doing your duty?"
    Kannagi quietly questioned. The mention of the entire night being about only guests reminded her of home and the Irezumi family generosity. At times, the generosity stemmed from a place of true goodness and at other times from a place of necessity and obligation. An Usagi clan where they all devoted themselves to others sounded almost harrowing to the shinobi woman.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 pm

” "I must try to see the night through your eyes then, Hikari.”

”My eyes…” Hikari’s voice would trail just as the cup would from his hand to hers. His movements were slow as he seemed to be contemplating what the woman was saying. Her lenses, her view of culture, and not to mention her thoughts all seemed to have a purity to them that was beyond his comprehension. Even how she would turn a phrase and speak with such eloquence had given him pause as he only feared he would offend her. It reminded him so much of a dear friend that he...thought...he had. The muffled voice, mask, and articulation would be beyond his understanding. However, he did not think it mattered as long as he, so uncultured and from a clan that only satisfied the shallow desires, made her happy.

Still, like the Sake that would drip from the small vassal into her cup, Kannagi’s words would continue to run. It was a beautiful flow that was just as pleasant as a river. She obviously had thought a lot about these things, and her refined speech was something that reminded him of the aristocrats from the Moon Village. It only made sense that people like that existed outside of his home, even if they had walked on the hot sands instead of the lush woods most of their lives. The perspective was different, but the fastidious speech was still similar.

Much of her analogies are lost, but one…

"Do you ever get tired of just doing your duty?"

A drop spilled. A sin of Sake pouring committed.

”S-sorry!’ He gasped holding the vassal and balancing the miniature tray with his other hand, ”I-I am! I am so sorry!” He pleaded as if he was going to be beheaded. His hand would place the vassal down before finally he would lift it. He would scale the top of the building placing the tray by a smoke stack that was squared at the base. The space was perfect for the size of the tray, allowing Hikari to free his hands as he would stand only a few yards, no more than three, from the prolific shinobi. His hand would reach, pouring the next cup with a steady hand while his blue eyes would turn away from her.

”H-honesty...I used to not,” He would let out a pained breath from his nostrils. Flaring, he would lift his nose before placing his hands to his lap. His eyes showed a hint of shame that he would not reveal to her. This sadness was not for her to catch and soak up like a sponge. Not while she was already rinsing her soul so thoroughly to him. “Whether...as a shinobi or a servant, I believed my duty was to make others happy and I felt joy. Until, I realized...that was not possible. That contentment is little moments in a horrible chain that pulled everyone in life along. When I am with everyone, and I can make them smile, they are happy. Other times-”

He stopped so suddenly. He had never witnessed something like a picture, but he knew sensations! He knew the sound of heartbeats and the warmth of skin as someone desperately hugged him and bore their soul. The night in the rose garden, that day in the woods before a mission, and then there was also his lonely treks in the desert when he was isolated away from others and dealing with his woes. Hikari had realized just how futile his duty was when it came to those moments.

”It is...tiring,” He would admit, ”Now that I know the pained sound of a heartbeat, it is like I can hear everyone’s sadness around me like a loud drum.” The ears on his head almost flutter as if the pelt covered band would respond to his grief. His face was weighed until his expression was bent into a frown.

”But...” The expression rebounding until it would curl into a smile once again, “When I can speak to someone, and change that tune that plays in their heart by making them happy, it makes my day worth it, Kannagi-san. Though...you may believe my longing to make others happy for myself would be...selfish?” His eyes sliding to reveal themselves to her as if searching for approval. Within them, he was remembering his own woes with this only the previous week. He believed himself to find resolution with this dilemma of his clan and their ways, but he could not deny there were still some doubts.
    [/color][/color]
    Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Wed May 20, 2020 11:11 am

Kannagi had seen the drop of sake fall and it was not for nothing; with her own customs she understood the sacred value of sharing a meal, sharing a drink, pouring a guest tea. A spill might generate distrust, a question of shaky hands not about nervousness, rather one might only feel nervous if they were about to get caught doing something rather impolite. Her confidence was something instilled in her since her youth that she might never feel the stress of anxiety during an important moment and send a different more chilling message to her own future guests. Yet, for Kannagi herself, she didn't see Hikari as a threat or an enemy. A drop of spilled sake could be just a drop of spilled sake. Her hands clung to her cup as Hikari ventured away, worried and apologetic.

The blue eyed woman drank her cup in one unseemly gulp and closed her eyes, giving the bunny a moment to himself.
    "You're forgiven," her simple words rang into the night releasing him from his personal woes. She could have encouraged him and supplemented him with compassion but it seemed an unnecessary overreach given how important the sake pouring clearly was to him. Kannagi had no intention of diminishing its worth and an easy word absolving him of his supposed sin was a better use of her time. She listened as he answered her question, more honest and with less music than she had imagined he might speak. Hikari was genuine now, if even just for that moment.

"Helping others find joy is a satisfying and valuable experience."
    Kannagi took a seat and gently tapped the roof beside her with a free hand. "Come and sit with me, if it pleases you. I don't see a single selfish person with me here and I would be happy to drink to the rare and beautiful moments of happiness with you." Kannagi turned her eyes up at him, having forgotten all about her own personal shames this night, her focus on the bunny. "No duty for now; you have made me happy. Please, take a respite and breathe in the night." Her face transformed into one of seriousness, "You're no longer my bunny for the night, Hikari. You are a friend."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2020 1:16 pm

"You're forgiven,"

There was a second wind that brought him to life just to hear her utter her words. Her saying this was enough to keep him from drawing from the sheath of his tongue a sword crafted of curses, self-loathing, and depressed banter. The verbal seppuku that he would do to bleed himself of his joy would not be necessary with this one! His hands would sway and his fingers would dance as he had been quiet to pour himself a drink from the smokestack after explaining himself. Careful this time, not a drop would spill. Pouring one’s own Sake as a rabbit was something that was not a crime as long as the master would have their cup filled first.

She had talked about things of value. Things that he did that were his clan’s deference to others. It was a simple little thing that no one ever had accentuated the way she had. His friends were kind and a thrill to be around. Their hearts had this way pressing against his own until he swore he could not push them back, even if he used the most terrible of force. That was just how inviting they were. It was just as inviting as the woman’s sound tap along the roof as she would invite him to take his place by her rather than to stand at the pillar of iron and smoke ready to serve her.

"You're no longer my bunny for the night, Hikari. You are a friend."

His hands would come to his mouth as if he was ready to try to build a wall. “Kannagi-san,” His breath would slip through the flimsily constructed pillars that were his fingers. “Friends? I-I...umm…” There was nothing he could forge from the furnace that was his nervous pipes of his hot breath. His cheeks had already begun to overheat until they would burn a searing shade of color even in the coolness of the night. The gentle vapors had taken the last of the steamy column that rose from the cup he had poured. He would reach for it with delicate fingers and composed himself as he would make delicate steps. His legs bending as he would take his seat by her and gaze off into an unbound sky that only she could see.

”Then, may this friend say how much he appreciates your company.” His face falling as he felt nothing short of contentment. ”It is...not often that I am around someone who is so...umm...candid?” The night life and the long days were filled with hoots and hollers that were like a perverse language. A wise and crude grandmother had spoken a hundred things that were not for the faintest of heart, but yet, they seemed to have a truth to it all. ”My Grandmother is...unconventional to most.“ He would indicate with a shake of his head. ”Though, she has told me about the games that men would play with their tongues as they moved. They insist on something ‘friendly’ yet...well...as I have said, their hearts sound the same.”

He would lift the cup to his lips and begin to sip with the other hand at the base. Tilting his head back as he sipped, his chin would drop as his blue eyes would stare forth. Unsatisfied, they would lay upon Kannagi as if trying to hope and wish that he could see her as his lips parted. ”And you Kannagi-san?” his lips curving in an almost mischievous way. A sinful feeling as he was particularly fond of the rhythm her heart had that was like seeing a pretty face. “Is this the sound your heart makes when you are with friends? Certainly, it is much different than when we were inside!” His smile was present as he seemed appeased by the woman’s mood.

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Fri May 22, 2020 9:14 am

Kannagi took a pleasurable sip of the warm sake, feeling it run all the way to her stomach and spread. She let out a satisfied breath and nodded as she listened to Hikari. "It sounds like you know how to see truth in a person's heart. It is such a talent, though I feel I must warn you. Some people can lie with that too." Kannagi lounged back on the roof, stretching her legs and gazing up at the constellations speckling the sky. "It's not that often a person can be so truly dishonest. I can appreciate your ability well in either case.  You won't need to concern yourself with my honesty. I will only lie in the pursuit of necessity for good causes." A breeze ruffled her blue hair and this time she didn't try to put it back to order.

"I have been called candid before, Hikari. I know no other way to be. Sincerity is a staple in out society, yet too many choose to dance around the truth and the lies in order to make others happy. I think it can be more challenging to be kind when you act so bluntly, however it is better than wearing a facade."
    She bit her lip then glancing at him, wondering if perhaps she just insulted his entire livelihood. "This is how my heart sounds with most people, I surmise. I hope that it does not offend you." She felt a sudden closeness with Hikari, maybe because without trying he had shown her only hospitality and kindness, even when she had embarrassed herself and him in front of the others. It felt like she had known Hikari for years and she could trust in being open with him like she had not been able to do with many others in her lifetime. It helped that he seemed so easy to please.

After a pause, unsure if she was talking too much and deciding she would go on regardless, Kannagi spoke to him again while facing the night stars.
    "I have a query, but you may say no without hurting my feelings as a respect to your own privacy. I would like to know more about your family and your Grandmother. It would help me understand what happened down there tonight. It would help me understand more about you."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2020 3:19 am

"You know we’re superstars! We are who we are!"

She was a rabbit and she did not even know it. It moved Hikari to know she was aware of the voice that came from everyone’s heart. The pulsations that he would hear were the rhythms he moved too in the literal sense. Words were chosen just as well as a step of the foot or the sway of the hips. A romanticism in the art of conversation when it came to the rabbits and their ways with the heart. He would sip with a warmth in him that was burned there from the sublime conversation. A boiling point was being approached with the steamy Sake. A flustering heat bubbling from every word the woman would speak.

“K-Kannagi-san! Y-you speak too highly of me!” His cheeks would burn red and his blue eyes would turn away from the moon. The glow was gone from them as they denied the lunar light to reflect. “I-I am a Usagi, we live off of faux faces and keep a strong smile to...well...comfort others.” A part of him knew she was right. He took no offense from her words. However, he did take the gentle punch she had given him mentally. It was delivered with more compassion than others that had talked of the rabbits. Most of them were cruel assaults based on jealousy and scorn. It came from a dark place unlike this moment.

“N-No...not at all, Kannagi-san.” His fingers curled around the Sake up as if to bare the pain. “I-I have...quite recently  been informed of my...faces.” He spoke no more of it. A silence settled in as he had chosen to be a prisoner to his ignorance. Hikari was well aware of what he was doing every day, no matter how shallow, he relished in the contentment he brought others. The Usagi Clan despised the Ninjitsu arts, but their lies were the biggest Genjutsu they ever cast as they played with hearts with their vanity.

He had let silence settle there. He had no excuses. No explanations to offer. It was their nature.

“O-oh?” Hikari would lean forth. His eyes showed nothing short of bemusement as she asked such a thing. “Y-you would still….want to know of myself and my family? Even if you...know how we live?” His eyes would wander as he would listen to her. Such an odd woman but also intelligent. It was intimidating, but yet, he worked through the unease. That was something that may have been impossible if his friends had not filled him with pride as a clansman.

“Well,” his fingers traced his vibrant hair that moved in the airlike lilac itself, “It is as you suspect. My family and my grandmother, we are a clan that lives...indecently as most would say. It is a survival tactic: our independence in exchange for our...appeal. In the Moon Village, the Usagi Clan have a history of annexing themselves when the First Kage had passed.” His lips would twist slightly puzzled by what he was to say. “I have heard that he was a good man, a kind man, but the last man with power that our clan trusted. His death? My grandmother said that her elders before her described him as the ‘love of their lives’ in the form of an authority, and mourned in such a way all the same.” A notion that escaped him as he knew not of such a thing as if it was like love. Though, he imagined it and even still believed it was like a scratch to the surface.

“But the second saw my family as...less than people. Then third? A threat due to our independence and distrust of the previous leader. In order to survive without the need of the village, it was said that males, like...myself...were given as resources to the village while we retained independence. As for the females, who needed to continue our legacy...they became...what they had to.” His eyes would look to Kannagi showing an earnestness while searching with his ears on his head twitching. Looking for that grand thump of her heart as if she had an epiphany, explaining to her what she was looking at before her today: a courtesan.

Whether he found it or not, he would turn away and take a sip of his drink to ease the unpleasant sensation and continue his story.

“I-I know...my faces are not true...and my servitude...is based on an animal’s instinct that we were raised on as lessons. It is for that reason, Kannagi-san...I do not mind. I have recently believed I was not exactly...living as a person. I had not realized that perhaps being a shinobi...in the end...was perfect for me. But when I hear you, and others, who value me so call me a ‘friend’ when I never had such a true intention? My chest-” He would let go of the cup. His grip upon his cloth had tried to go beyond to grip his heart. “It...hurts.”

A pitiful existence given value? Hikari dealt with the pain. It was something more painful than any job as a shinobi threw in his path and the dangers that come with it.

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Sun May 24, 2020 12:28 am

Kannagi tucked her knees up to her chin, cradling her cup between them and her finger tips. She watched the reflection of the stars waver in the sake, dancing back and forth with the motion of the hot liquid. "Of course, I covet the knowledge. It may be different than my family's story, but that is why it's valuable to know." The blue haired shinobi listened to Hikari. She understood what experience he suggested without directly stating it. The clan was treated less than people, that's what he said. The were a commodity; courtesans that had to be courtesans to survive. Still there weren't many who would choose that life or find a joy in it. That Hikari came from that background puzzled her. Was he not free now? Or did his family depend so much on the lifestyle for economic reasons that they could not have a different life? She wondered if his family, if he felt trapped? Then worse, with a light blush on her cheeks, she humbled herself with another thought. Maybe he liked it and she was judging him and his family too harshly.

Kannagi drank some more of her sake and then watched Hikari's expression.  In one final pull, she finished off the cup, placing it next her and sliding closer to Hikari.
    "I wish I could help take your pain away and bring you joy." She placed a hand on his shoulder, considering giving him an embrace the way her mother would embrace her. The warm hug of her mother was always a reminder of the love of family. It had been a long time since she had seen her mother and her heart ached. She chose the life she had now, Kannagi had to recall. Her freedom to be the person she wanted to be at the cost of her whole clan. She let out a sigh, whatever Hikari chose he had to live with it. She would not advise him for that reason but Kannagi added, "You can change who you are, if that's what you want to do. If you want true intentions and a righteous path, perhaps you'll need to make room for that in your heart. I know I don't hardly know you," She chuckled and retreated from Hikari.

"It doesn't matter. I was taught from a young age that to ease the mental and physical pains of others was a worthwhile cause. We all work and function better when everyone is at their peak. I hope I haven't overstepped and I ask your forgiveness if you think I have."
    Kannagi rubbed a hand through her short hair, "It's getting late. I should probably go.."

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2020 6:52 am

"You know we’re superstars! We are who we are!"

Knowledge. It was funny. The Usagi Clan’s existence was worth being called that.

He would listen to her actions as well as her words. He had no knowledge of the stars in the sky or the colors that blanketed them with pasty smeared designs of blackness that were the clouds. He took solace in the things like the voice of the Kunoichi that was sitting beside him and the way her body cradled. It was either she was soothing herself like a baby would or it was her way of not letting things in. Her words from before were wise as he could not tell if her heart was trying to defend itself as her lips would utter her vulnerable thoughts or whether she thought one thing as her lips uttered another. He took what she was saying like a piece of Ryo of value in pieces of silver and did not question it. The only thing he could question is the sensations he felt saying what he said; knowing that her benevolence brought him hurt.

"I wish I could help take your pain away and bring you joy."

His face burned with an intensity as she brought herself close to him. Just as quickly, as if she was making a movement on a Shogi board, she had conquered both his boundaries as his mouth hung in astonishment. She might as well have defeated him with such a simple line! “Y-you...wish that for me?” He uttered with his mouth hanging in awe. The crisp night air would fill his chest as if he was becoming drunk off the sake and the scene itself. She had only known him for what was a brief hour, and yet she desired to give him something. It was not her duty to her clan! It was not some job or purpose, was it? No! She did not seem to be attracted to such blind ambition like himself. She clearly had value that ran along her intellect. So many qualities of the shinobi were erect and showed themselves that Kannagi’s own persona could have been a tower on the castled foundation of her confidence.

He clearly stood no chance. Her fortress intimidated him.

There was one brick missing however. The moment Kannagi’s touch ran over him, he would feel her embrace him. Only when he would allow it, be vulnerable, that is when he felt it. A thump unlike any other radiating in his ears as he would reach his hand to her body, placing it firmly upon her back as if he was trying to alleviate her as well. His crystalline blue eyes were open and gazing into the void of nothingness. Only then, he would remove them and heeded her words. His lips tight as he would have a straight face that showed he was showing nothing short of a thirst to drink of the parting fountain of knowledge. One last sip and he would nod in satisfaction acknowledging what was given, but was he satiated? Perhaps that should not have been a question if he had been.

He could change? Wise. True intentions? He desired them. Even with such wisdom, she said the most silly things!

“...I hope I haven't overstepped and I ask your forgiveness if you think I have."

“N-No!” He would swallow clumsily as he finished the rest of the Sake from his cup, “N-Not at all, Kannagi-san! Y-you have been...a good friend.” His face would feel warm just from uttering those last words so affectionately. “I-I have a lot to think about. If anything, perhaps some things I have questioned, you have...put them in perspective as others say?” He would lift his hazy eyes to her. A smile forced to his face as he was swallowing the painful information with unease. His fingers would reach for his Sake cup and her own as he planned to refill it for her. However, his face would come to one of melancholy hearing her suggest that she should part.

“R-right…” he would say with half a heart in his tone, “I-If you must.” The young boy would take the cups, walking them over to the tray and nestled them accordingly. Each chime of the priceless pieces would be a melody that told him where they would sit themselves. He would turn an about face with no purpose only to politely show his demeanor. His misty blue orbs would peer through the woman’s form.

“U-umm...Kannagi-san,” he would utter gently, “I-I will not be around for long so...please, perhaps visit the Moon Village one day...I-If you could!” He would pipe urgently not wanting to be a burden. “I-I just...would love to see you again, long after the comradery and celebration between our two villages and their festivals comes to an end.”

Perhaps it was only the true honest desire he expressed from his own heart, detached from his clan and beliefs, that he truly wanted tonight.

Kannagi
    Kannagi
    B-Rank
    B-Rank

Post by Kannagi Tue May 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Kannagi got to her feet and walked over to the platform with the tray upon it. She returned her empty cup and stood there a moment with her hands on her hips. "This night certainly did turn around, thank you for that." She walked towards him and stood beside him, "I would love to see you again. Anytime you want to travel around, I could show you a good time in the desert, Hikari." Kannagi gave his shoulder a friendly pat and then made her way down the side of the building and back out into the night.

OOC: Sorry Hikari, I just lost all my inspo for this post. I'll make it up to you in our mission!

Current date/time is Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:15 pm